Description of the program
Travel is the best way to experience and learn about other cultures. While traveling, you will meet with many people who also want to know about your own culture. Many people when they travel to other countries, they aren’t looking only to visit and see the landmarks of their new destination but also, they want to experience and understand, the culture of the local people including their traditions and common customs.
The different cultures of the world show us that difference is an eternal reality that exists among humans, and that our quest to explore and experience these differences will greatly increase our understanding of life and what happens in it.
Therefore, Palestinian Culture Program is a unique opportunity for people to understand the culture of Palestinian people and get to know the traditions of the Palestinian society. The Culture of Palestine is closely related to that of its nearby countries such as Lebanon, Syria, and Jordan. The major aspects of Palestinian Society and Culture that the Palestinian Culture Program will focus on are: customs, religion, language, literature, art, costumes and music of its inhabitants.
The benefits of The program
By participating in this program, you will receive the following:
- You will attend an intensive hours of Arabic course, all needed materials will be provided. This course is tailored for college and university students who are looking to understand different cultures.
- You will be visiting sites and places in the city of Hebron where you will experience first hand the history and landmarks of the city.
- The program includes visiting some Palestinians families and getting to experience the lifestyle and daily routine of the family. There, you will be able to ask questions and interact with the family members (translator will be provided to make your visit more informative). You might also get the chance to attend one Palestinian wedding
- Since the Palestinian cuisine is an integral part of the culture, during the third stage, you will be learning to make different Palestinian dishes in the city of Hebron. You will learn how to make famous and delicious dishes such as Maqluba, Koftah, Mahshi and many others.
- By the end of this stage you will be requested to make one of the meals you have learned to cook by your own and invite the Palestinian’s staff for either lunch or dinner.
- You will participate in various educational and social activities the center organizes for the community in Hebron. You will participate in organizing, implementing and participating in fun activities as well as engaging in the English classes by helping our teachers with the conversational sessions.
- You will be asked to write articles about the culture in Palestine based on your experiences in Hebron.
- You will live either with a host family or in a shared flat.
- You will be provided a daily Palestinian breakfast.
- By the end of the program, you will get a participation certificate and a recommendation letter.
Who can apply?
The Palestinian culture program is open to all people between 18 – 70 years of age. All nationalities and professional backgrounds are welcome to join this program. The program doesn’t require any specific degree or experience, all you have to do is to be interested in this experience. Students of cultural studies (Anthropology) or Middle Eastern studies are encouraged to participate.
This program is so flexible. How?
Palestinian Culture program has no deadline which means that you can apply to the program year-around. In addition, you are allowed to choose you to start and ending date. The minimum period of participation is one week up to three months.
The program fees
220$ American Dollars
This includes accommodation, local visits, 3 hours of Arabic classes, daily Palestinian breakfast, certificate of participation and a recommendation letter.
340$ American Dollars
This includes accommodation, local visits, 6 hours of Arabic classes, daily Palestinian breakfast, certificate of participation and a recommendation letter.
530$ American Dollars
This includes accommodation, local visits, 9 hours of Arabic classes, daily Palestinian breakfast, certificate of participation and a recommendation letter.
600$ American Dollars
This includes accommodation, local visits, 12 hours of Arabic classes, daily Palestinian breakfast, certificate of participation and a recommendation letter.
1100$ American Dollars
This includes accommodation, local visits, 24 hours of Arabic classes, daily Palestinian breakfast, certificate of participation and a recommendation letter.
1560$ American Dollars
This includes accommodation, local visits, 36 hours of Arabic classes, daily Palestinian breakfast, certificate of participation and a recommendation letter.
Do I need a visa to Palestine?
The Israeli government and its authorities are responsible for providing you with a visa either upon your arrival (the Palestinian Authority is not responsible as it does not control the state borders of Israel), or through its embassies/consulates prior to your visit.
Visas are routinely granted upon arrival at Ben Gurion Airport (Tel Aviv) if you are a citizen of an exempted country, or at the Allenby-King Hussein Bridge border crossing. Tourist visas are valid for 90 days; most Americans and Europeans are issued three-month visas upon arrival and clearing customs.
How to come to Palestine?
In general, you can enter Palestine from three main destinations:
- Israel through Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv.
- Jordan through Queen Alia Airport in Amman.
- Egypt through Cairo Airport.
For more information, click on the following link : http://gopalestine.org/getting-to-palestine-2/
How to apply or get any additional information?
Please send us an email to Mr. Mutaz Tamimi, on his email to email@example.com with Palestinian Culture program as subject line. We will then contact you back!
Go Palestine on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ExplorePalestine
Go Palestine’s Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/gopalestine/
Go Palestine’s LinkedIn account: https://www.linkedin.com/company/go-palestine/
Go Palestine’s Twitter account: https://twitter.com/goopalestine
Watch us on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS7TDUHSo2ZduJn_JaQhDQA
Thank you very much! We would be happy to have you in Palestine!